Way back in the 80s eating in a restaurant was certainly a special occasion. We would then eat out if someone was celebrating a holiday, a birthday or some other special achievement or event. However, today eating out is not a big deal. We visit restaurants frequently even when we have no reason or special occasion to celebrate. Today most of us are in the habit of eating restaurant food almost every day.
Today you eat out during the lunch break and you are in the habit of picking up take-out dinner thrice or even more number of times every week. Yet for most of us eating out still has not lost its charm and magic. However, surviving on restaurant food is the way of life for everyone today. There are many reliable restaurants in South Yarra that serve tasty yet healthy food that could be enjoyed all through the week.
No Change in the 80s Mindset
In this fast-paced era, everyone is busy pursuing his dream career and so they follow incredibly hectic schedules. So, home-cooked food is almost a thing of the past. Today we frequently eat out even when we have no special occasion to celebrate. Yet, we still retain the mindset of the 80s. Every time we go to the restaurant, we end up overeating. We would still love to chill out and enjoy a relaxed lingering meal starting with lip-smacking appetisers and ending with mouth-watering desserts.
We step into a restaurant and all at once we switch back to the special celebration mode. This ends up in us ordering excessive food. You must focus on the fact that today it is quite normal to go to the restaurant almost every day. So, we are not heading to a restaurant for any special occasion, we do it almost every day. It could be just a normal Monday dinner. This is bound to get repeated every other day. So, eat right stay healthy and enjoy a party time every time. Walk into your favourite restaurants in South Yarra without any guilt pangs.
Tips for Eating Right to Maintain Your Weight
If you are a fitness freak and would love to lose or maintain weight, you simply need to walk into a restaurant and order right. Eat well and follow a smart strategy. Here are a few tips for staying fit and healthy despite eating out almost every day.
- First of all, choose a reliable restaurant that serves great food, fresh ingredients and follows the set industry standards to the dot.
- Stay cool. Remind yourself that you have come to the restaurant for a normal every day meal and it is not a special occasion. You would be coming here again tomorrow or the day after. Avoid the appetizer and do not opt for any fancy drink unless of course, you are actually celebrating a special occasion.
- Remember not to order the dessert every day. Have your favourite dessert once in a while when you are craving for something sweet.
- Eat as if you are at home. Avoid the sour cream or butter on your potato. Avoid too many fried stuff. Do not eat a whole lot of bread prior to dinner. Would you have 16oz. steak at one go when at home? Would you put so much cheese on your salad? Avoid too much dressing. Eat carefully but eat well. Be smart; enjoy a healthy and tasty meal every time.
- Be more creative while ordering food at your favourite restaurant. Avoid starchy sides and opt for double veggies instead. Enjoy chicken, seafood or even shellfish. Share an entrée. Enjoy your favourite dishes when you are in a mood to celebrate not on a daily basis.
Now walk into one of your favourite restaurants in South Yarra and order right. This way you could enjoy mouth-watering delicacies without worrying about health and weight issues. You do not need to quit eating out; you just need to eat right.